NO FUCK YOU BECAUSE I WAS GOOD ENOUGH AND YOU RUINED ME
My name is Annabel. Anyone who neeeds someone to talk to, i'm here.
I just want someone who won’t get annoyed when I text them six times or in all caps. Someone I can go on long drives with and can sing along to the radio with. Someone I can eat pizza with at 2am and kiss at 6pm. Someone who chooses me everyday and never thinks twice about it.
Women hear it all the time from men. “You’re overreacting,” we tell them. “Don’t worry about it so much, you’re over-thinking it.” “Don’t be so sensitive.” “Don’t be crazy.” It’s a form of gaslighting — telling women that their feelings are just wrong, that they don’t have the right to feel the way that they do. Minimizing somebody else’s feelings is a way of controlling them. If they no longer trust their own feelings and instincts, they come to rely on someone else to tell them how they’re supposed to feel.
i hope one day you are at peace with yourself. i hope you can take a shower without crying and you can close your eyes without thinking about your funeral. i hope one day you start singing in the shower again and are happy for no reason. i hope you get better, because you really deserve to.
Everyone who suffers from social anxiety needs a friend who will
- help them order food when it’s too scary
- walk with them through crowded places
- help them laugh it off when they make a mistake
- not get tired of answering “no, you’re not annoying, silly goose! You’re adorable and I love you” no matter how many times it’s needed
and if you’re that friend, bless u for being fab <3
1. Taking 5 shots of vodka in 10 minutes will leave you vomiting on the bathroom floor.
2. Alcohol gives you the confidence to kiss boys (and girls) but sometimes you end up saying yes to something you don’t want to do.
3. Holding a razor to your skin but not slicing can be the bravest thing possible sometimes.
4. Sober days should not be sad days.
5. Try to go out onto the balcony without thinking about throwing yourself off of it.
6. Waking up naked in someone else’s bed is only nice when you’re also in their arms.
7. Try to slow down.